Antivirus is a useful application, and this is a fact. As for Avast, there are no complaints about it, and the feedback on the software is quite positive. However, some users have a desire to remove Avast Free or at least temporarily disable the antivirus – even despite the risks of virus infection. In the end, the reasons why the user wants to remove or turn off Avast may be different. Here you can learn ways to do this.
A Guide To Turn It Off on the PC
If you do not want to delete Avast, but the computer is too slow and/or needs additional resources, you can temporarily disable the antivirus.
Here are two ways to disable Avast (temporarily suspend antivirus).
The first way to turn off Avast antivirus
Go to the section Protection – Antivirus. Disable, as needed, the following components:
- File system screen
- Web screen
- Mail screen
The second way to turn off Avast for a while
Settings – Components – File system screen. Set it to Off, set the avast shutdown interval.
During this time, the virus file system protection will be completely disabled. Click Yes to apply. Other anti-virus components are disabled in the same way – Web screen, mail screen and other components installed by the user.
If You Want to Remove Avast
To completely remove the anti-virus, we need a proprietary utility Avast Uninstall Utility – aka AvastClear. Actually, its action is narrowly directed: it finds traces of Avast on the computer and cleans them. This method of removing desktop antivirus helps in cases where the standard Avast removal (via the Control Panel, through Programs and components) is impossible.
So, to remove Avast from your computer, follow these steps:
- Download the avastclear.exe utility to your PC.
- Restart your computer and enter safe mode.
- Open the Avastclear.exe program.
- Point the program to the directory in which Avast antivirus was located.
- Click the REMOVE button to completely remove Avast Antivirus from the computer.
- Reboot the PC to apply the changes.
Done! Your computer no longer has this program.
How To Do It via Mobile Device
You can remove the Avast Mobile Security application using the uninstall button in Android settings or via Google Play. Before uninstalling Avast Mobile Security, make sure the device administrators permission granted to it is disabled.
To uninstall Avast Mobile Security, see the instructions in the sections below:
- Disable Device Administrators Permissions
- Before uninstalling Avast Mobile Security, disable the Device Administrators permission granted to it. Perform the following steps.
- Select Settings on your device, and then go to the Security section.
- Tap Device Administrators.
- Tap Avast Mobile Security.
- Tap Disable to revoke permission.
After that, just delete the application like any other:
- Go to Settings on your device and select Applications.
- Select Avast Mobile Security in the list of applications.
- Tap the Delete button.
- Touch the OK button to confirm the deletion.
As you can see, Avast is a fairly simple and unobtrusive program that gives you choice and freedom of action. The mobile device also allows you to turn off notifications and advertising on this device, as well as monitor the options.